Friday 6 January 2012

Laptop for Cisco Voice lab

I have been trying to setup an efficient cisco voice lab environment for studying Cisco Callmanager 8.x and Cisco Unity Connection. I have managered to install and run CUCM and CUC in my current laptop. But it only has 4GB RAM, I can only run CUCM or CUC at one time. I am thinking of getting another laptop for running these. My badget is around 500 pound. The idea laptop must have a second-generation CPU(i3,i5 or even i7) combinds with at least 8 GB RAM, I don't care about the GPU cos I have stopped play computer games for ages. Having done some research, I realized Intel would launch the new generation CPU in April 2012. Following by Intel's 'tick-tock' strategy, this new generation CPU will be called ivy bridge and will be 10% improved performance compared with the 2nd sandy bridge. So should I just wait and see? And also the bigger RAM should be cheaper, 8GB RAM(4x2 kit) is around 100 pound in the UK, hopefully it will be much soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment